Purpose: The purpose of McLeansville Elementary School Leadership Team (MESLT) is to make decisions related to school finances (budget) and curriculum at McLeansville Elementary School. MESLT will deal with issues directly and indirectly related to instruction, student performance, school climate and improvement. These decisions are binding for the MESLT, provided the decisions are within the authority of the school and with the understanding that the principal may make a different decision than the leadership team. In these cases, the principal will provide a written explanation to the team.
To create a school community that is respectful, responsible, trustworthy and reflects excellence everyday.
McLeansville Elementary School is dedicated to providing a nurturing environment that models, teaches and expects positive character. We will provide goal-oriented experiences to develop 21st Century learners.
- One teacher representative for each grade level K-5
- One representative for classified staff (teaching assistants, custodians, cafeteria staff and clerical staff).
- One representative for all Instructional Support Personnel (Media, Art, Music, PE, Guidance, EC, Speech, AL, and Itinerant personnel).
- Curriculum Facilitator
- Parent Representation/Minimum of two and no more than 30% of the team
- Kindergarten: Myra Massey
- 1st grade: Belinda Church
- 2nd grade: Joyce Ferrell
- 3rd grade: Tricia Makar
- 4th grade: Jessica Brown
- 5th grade/Recorder: Amy Wildasin
- Classified: Kay Thomas
- Instructional Support/Chair: Teresa Fulk
- Curriculum Facilitator: TBA
- Administrator: Shervawn Sockwell
- Parent: Christopher Cottle
- Parent: TBA
(Planned meeting dates/times are subject to change.)
MESLT will meet the second Tuesday of each month. All concerns should be e-mailed or put in the leadership chair's mailbox by the first Tuesday of each month. All concerns (grade level and individual) should be in writing. Please specify the grade level that has the concern. Concerns will be discussed by the principal and leadership chair at the agenda meeting. At that time, a decision will be made to either add the concern to the agenda for the team to discuss, or it will be handled personally by the principal or the chairperson. No concern should come up in the leadership meeting that hasn't been submitted to the leadership chair prior to the meeting.