Graduation Project Information
Here's where we should be now in the Graduation Project research paper process:
· Students enrolled in English 11 either first or second semester should have turned in their Graduation Project Proposal forms.
· English 11 teachers should have received their first semester students' proposal forms.
o If students were approved, then students can begin the process of writing the letter of intent (which is just formal version of the proposal). Students will need to keep a copy of the letters of intent for their portfolios.
o If students were asked to resubmit their proposals, students need to make the necessary adjustments and have those adjustments approved by the English 11 teacher.
· Students who did not turn in the Graduation Project Proposal forms will need to turn those in before October 1st , or earlier if the teacher has set a different due date.
· The students are now ready to begin learning the research process.
· Some students are ready to begin working with their self-selected mentors; before this happens, they must complete and submit the mentor application form.
· This form needs to be kept as a required document for their Graduation Project portfolios.
I have attached the GCS mentor application form for students to have their self-selected mentors complete.