The Brown Summit Way
1. B e respectful and tolerant.
Our Vision: To be a globally competitive school that inspires, challenges, and empowers students to meet high academic standards, lead ethical lives, and demonstrates knowledgeable, responsible citizenship in an increasingly challenging world.
Our Mission: To provide an exemplary learning experience that encourages students and staff to actively discover, integrate, and apply knowledge in a dynamic global and technological environment.
2. Adolescents develop independence and conscientiousness through differentiated practice.
3. Well-designed, technology infused, active, relevant, inquiry-based learning experiences are essential for the 21st century global student to be competitive.
4. An individualized, structured environment is essential to the promotion of independence and responsibility.
5. Competitiveness with one's self helps adolescents reach their full potential.
6. Civic service promotes experiential learning and character development for adolescents while enhancing the community at-large.
7. Parent involvement motivates and supports adolescent development and responsibility.
8. Passionate educators empower students to seize the day and prepare for tomorrow.
9. Students must learn to effectively use technology to find and obtain relevant information, organize and analyze thought, yield new ideas, collaborate, communicate, and extend innovation.
10. Adolescents discover their full potential through rigorous independent thought focusing on critical analysis and evaluation of information.