· The Lady Falcon softball team defeated West Forsyth 5-1 last night in the third round of the state playoffs. Emily Bray was 2 for 3 with a triple and 3 RBI’s, Emma Strouth went 3 for 4 with a double and 2 RBI’s, Logan Royal was 2 for 3, Kara Shutt was 1 for 3 with a double and a walk, Celeste Sheppard was 1 for 3, Callee Lambe was 1 for 3, Brianna Webb went 1 for 3. The Lady Falcons finished the game with 12 hits.
They advance to the 4th round to play the winner of North Davidson and Southern Alamance. SEG will host the 4th round next Tuesday. Congratulations ladies!
Friday, May 17
Yesterday’s winner of the Quiz Bowl Question of the Day was Brandy Miller who provided the correct answer; Survivor.
Today’s question is: This provision concerned the line of latitude at 36 degrees, 30 minutes. Later partly repealed by the Kansas-Nebraska Act, this was what compromise admitting Maine as a free state and its namesake as a slave state?
Remember to write your name and the correct answer on a piece of paper and drop it off in the front office. If your name is drawn from the correct answers, your prize will be delivered to you tomorrow during 2nd block.
For students interested in being on the quiz bowl team next year, please join us at our quiz bowl interest meeting on Tuesday, May 21 in room 114 at 4:00 p.m.
· Attention all students! Lauren Elwood is in need of volunteers to be extras in her short film “In the Crowd.” If you would like to volunteer, please come to the Cultural Arts Center Downtown tomorrow from 9-12
· The cafeteria will now have a breakfast cart available in the hall by the media center for the last 2 weeks of school. You can eat in the cafeteria as well. Breakfast will be available from 8:15 to 8:50.
· FCCLA’s last meeting of the year will be on Wednesday May 22nd in room 118. We will be making shoes for children in Uganda. We will also be holding our end of the year social so bring a snack to share.
· Reminder to all Varsity and JV women’s soccer players & especially seniors, that uniforms need to be turned in to Coach Howlett
· All track team members not participating in the state meet: turn your jerseys into Coach Tyre ASAP or you will be billed for it. Throwers and distance runners should turn in jerseys and shorts.
· Attention all Junior NHS Members: There will be a meeting on Thursday, May 23 at 8:15am in Ms. Wray’s room ( 2303 ). Please plan to attend so we can collect contact information and begin the process of electing officers for next year. If you have not yet paid your $15.00 dues, please bring your money to the meeting.
· All Men’s Track Team members see Coach Tyre with your t-shirt sizes for the Conference Championship T-Shirts.
· Please stop by Coach Newton’s room to vote for FFA officers this week!
· Southeast Men’s basketball program will have a cookout and awards presentation for the 2012-2013 basketball season on Monday May 20th at 6:30pm in the Southeast cafeteria. All freshmen , J.V. and varsity players are expected to attend.
· If you are interested in learning more about the Hunter education program at SE Guilford through the FFA program which includes the proper use of shotguns, .22 rifle, archery and hunter skills, please see Coach Newton.
· All library books are due back to the media center by Thursday, May 23rd. Seniors will not receive their diplomas until all obligations are cleared.
· The Southeast Dance Team will hold tryouts next week, May 20-23, at SEHS after school. Participants must meet at 4pm outside of the auditorium. Tryout Information packets are available in the SEHS main office Wednesday through Friday of this week and must be completed prior to tryouts starting next Monday, May 20. Male and female students in rising grades 9-12 are encouraged to audition. The Southeast Dance Team proudly performs during halftime at Falcon Football and Basketball home games.
· Is a career in Law Enforcement for you? Are you interested in learning more about Crime Scenes, K9 Operations, and Traffic Stops…if so, the 2013 Guilford County Sheriff’s Office Youth Academy is the place for you. The academy runs from June 24-28. See Officer Moore during all 3 lunches for your application packet. Deadline to return the completed packet to Officer Moore is May 31.
· Attention rising seniors: If you are interested in taking AP Earth Science next year, have taken Honors Earth Science, and did not have AP Earth listed on your Course Selection Registration form, please stop by Mrs. Harris’ office.
Earth and Environmental Science Common Exam Review sessions will start next Wednesday May 8th and continue until May 28th. Schedules are posted outside of Mrs. Henry, Mrs. McCall, and Mrs. Wilkins-Little’s classrooms. All Earth and Environmental Science students are invited to all review sessions.
· The Senior Pool Party will be on Thursday, June 6th from 8-11pm. It will be held at Southeast Swim club. Tickets are $5.00 (CASH ONLY). Tickets are on Sale in the PTA room on WEDNESDAYS. They will also be sold on May 13th and May 14th during all lunches. You must have your ticket to get into the party and to be eligible for any prize drawings.
· This is a reminder that Men’s basketball spring workouts will be held Tues. and Thurs. @ 4:15-5:30 in the new gym. Workouts are open to all prospective J.V. and Varsity players.
· Attention Rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors! Your counselors are now on Twitter and Facebook. Your counselor will use Twitter and Facebook to post upcoming events, summer opportunities, scholarship information, and directions for making schedule changes via email. See the counseling office or front office for web addresses.
o Rising Sophomores follow Ms. Allred on Twitter @DonnaAllred and Facebook username Donna Allred
o Rising Juniors follow Ms. Schirick on Twitter @SueSchirick and Facebook username Susan Schirick (counselor)
o Rising Seniors follow Mrs. Harris on Twitter @MrsHarrisSEHS
· Test Proctors are needed for the (EOC) End Of Course Testing at Southeast Guilford High School for the following dates:
· Yearbooks are still available for purchase online at jostensyearbooks.com. This year's 50th anniversary edition is the best yearbook to date. There are a limited number left so reserve your copy today.
· SENIOR PARENTS: The Senior Pool Party will be Thursday, June 6th from 8-11pm at Southeast Swim Club. Volunteers are needed. Please contact Renay Pugh at email@example.com you would like to help with this event. Any parent that would like to make a monetary donation may drop it off in the PTSA room-117 in an envelope marked Senior Pool Party.
· Harris Teeter and Food Lion have Rewards programs in place through the PTA. Just link your card to the following school code numbers:
Harris Teeter Rewards program code number for Southeast High School is 2882
Food Lion Rewards program code number for Southeast High School is 214438
· Every 4th Monday of the month is Highway 55 day (Formally known as Andy's) Come out to Highway 55 on 3702 #105 Elmsley Court and HWY 55 will donate 15% back to our school. Please take a flyer with you so we can get our donation. Flyers are in the front office or in the PTSA room. Thank you for your support.
· Every 3rd Thursday of the Month is Subway day!! Bring a flyer to subway on Wiley Lewis Road and subway will donate 15% of your sale back to the school. You will also be eligible for a drawing for a free sub.