The Lead Team at Ragsdale High School is comprised of administrators, faculty, staff, and parents. Lead Team meets the first Monday afternoon each month.
Responsibilities: The Lead Team serves vital functions for the staff and students of Ragsdale High School. It takes tremendous dedication, time, and effort to serve in a leadership capacity. Some of the major functions of the Lead Team are:
1. Help the principal set the agenda for faculty meetings.
2. Serve as a sounding board for ideas the principal thinks the faculty should consider.
3. Bring ideas to the Lead Team from the faculty for discussion (things that are working well, problems that need attention, dilemma reconciliation, suggestions, etc.).
4. Take ideas from the Lead Team back to the faculty for information purposes and/or discussion and communication.
5. Provide opportunities for members of the team to lead.
6. Model working together.
7. Work with ad-hoc committees.
8. Assess and facilitate activities to enhance the school’s climate.
9. Assess and facilitate activities to enhance the school’s curricular and extracurricular programs.
10. Assist with early identification of potential problems for students.
11. Find ways to involve everyone in the school.
12. Write the School Improvement Plan.
13. Manage the School Renewal Process.
14. Provide instructional leadership within their respective departments.
15. Provide assistant and support to department teachers, peers, etc.
16. Assist with school budget and departmental financial needs.
17. Analyze test data and produce strategies for improved student achievement and other school wide assessments.