This exciting opportunity is open to principals, assistant principals and directors in Guilford County Schools who wish to pursue a Doctoral degree in educational leadership. The district will utilize this program as a way to grow talent within the district and prepare for succession planning.
GCS will pay the cost of tuition provided the degree and course requirements are completed and the candidate works for Guilford County Schools a minimum of three years following completion of the degree. However, books, materials, supplies or other University expenses will be the responsibility of the candidate.
Selection for this program will be based upon the following criterion:
- Must have at least five years of experience, preferably as a classroom teacher/school administrator/central office staff
- Must successfully complete all university requirements, including passing MAT and/or GRE and University interview/screening
- Must have satisfactory performance evaluations
There are two parts to the application process--GCS Selection and University Admission.
In order to successfully complete the GCS portion of the application, these items should be provided:
- Letter of Interest (explain why you wish to be included in the administrative cohort)
- Resume (include current assignment and current email address)
- Three letters of reference
- Writing sample to include at least three significant professional accomplishments
University selection requirements will be posted during the application period to ensure the communication of the most current university application requirements.
- Attend information session for all prospective applicants
- Submit Letter of Interest
- Complete formal interview conducted by external team including some GCS representation
- Complete and submit GCS portfolio that includes: resume, writing sample, and 3 letters of reference
- Complete the appropriate University Graduate School Application (Application and Fee, GRE/MAT Scores, Transcripts, References)
- Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance
All GCS application materials should be sent electronically to J.J. Greeson, Assistant to the Chief Human Resources Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Acceptance into the program will not be final until the candidate is accepted into the University.