The mission of Guilford County Schools is to ensure that all students will graduate as responsible citizens prepared to succeed in higher education or the career of their choice. In support of this mission, the school library media program strives to ensure that students, teachers and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
• To teach information literacy through learning activities that are integrated into the curriculum
• To collaborate with teachers to use appropriate resources that address curricular needs and learning goals
• To instruct students and staff in the effective use of the media center and its resources
• To provide physical access to an organized collection of diverse resources that represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty and formats
• To provide resources that enrich and support the instructional program and represent a variety of interests, experiences, cultures, religions, and points-of-view
• To maintain a facility arrangement that meets teaching and learning needs
• To advocate and promote reading and life-long learning through motivational activities