Membership Chair 2012-2013: Shirrell Williams
The PTA at Jones has a reputation of being very committed to teachers and students. We continually look for ways to provide educational programs and events that benefit and supplement what our teachers are doing to educate our children. So if you ask yourself, ”Why join PTA?” the number one reason is to benefit your child. But, your membership does so much more and here are its advantages:
· Tap into a network, get connected and know what is going on at Jones!
· Watch Yourself Grow! By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
· By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events. We welcome all members and parents to attend Monthly Executive Board meetings and quarterly General Meetings.
· PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
· By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be a role model demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
· Discover great, often free, online resources.
Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.