Pilot Elementary enters its 16th year of operation as a K-5 school with approximately 900 great students. We have an outstanding faculty and staff dedicated to excellence. We have parents who work cooperatively with the school in a variety of ways. Pilot strives to offer a variety of meaningful learning opportunities for our students. We are very proud of the performance of our students in academics and citizenship. We invite members of the community to visit Pilot and view quality education in action. We encourage our parents and the community to become actively involved in our school and its programs.
Our Vision Statement
Pilot Elementary School is dedicated to preparing today's children for success and independence in tomorrow's world.
Our Mission Statement
Our school mission is to utilize the strengths of our staff, families and community to develop caring, competent students who enjoy learning, cooperate with others, and become productive independent citizens of the future.
Goals For Our Students
The staff of Pilot Elementary is committed to providing the best possible learning environment for each child. Our goal is that all children will:
* participate in and benefit from positive learning experiences.
* achieve competence in basic skills and learning processes.
* c learly communicate thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways.
* express creativity and use imagination.
* organize and manage time and resources effectively.
* demonstrate self-respect and self-discipline.
* practice sound habits of personal health and safety.
* show respect for others and their cultural differences.
* think critically and make informed decisions.
* demonstrate concern for our environment.
* develop characteristics of good citizenship.