Grades will reflect student achievement of 7th grade Science/Social studies standards. Grading will be completed as follows:
· Quizzes/Tests/Projects will be worth 90% of a student’s overall grade
· Homework/Classwork/Labs will be worth 10% of a student’s overall grade. Not all of these assignments will be collected and scored for accuracy. However, students will be expected to complete all assignments in order to achieve mastery of standards. Students will know in advance which of these assignments will be collected for a grade.
· NO LATE WORK IS ACCEPTED
· Bonus points and/or extra credit will be neither issued nor applied in these classes.
· For missing an assessment (quiz and/or test) due to absence, the assessment will be scored as incomplete until the assessment is taken. Student must take initiative to schedule the make-up. Students will have 5 school days to schedule and take assessment.
· For cheating on an assignment, the Guilford County policy states that a score of zero will be given for that particular assignment. No student can recover from a zero no matter how well they do. Although a student will earn a score of zero if caught cheating, we are willing to offer students a chance to take a different assessment for partial credit.
The learning processes need to be owned by the students and are critical to the final goal of demonstrating mastery of standards. Learning processes include but are not limited to class participation, note taking, regular review and study of notes, homework, group work, individual and group investigations, reading and practice. Student achievement is the direct result of the learning processes.