Upcoming Senior Events
The following are upcoming events for our Seniors.
Note: There are NO copyright or trademark issues with using Above the Influence logo/symbol.
We are in need of volunteers for these events. Please sign up as we celebrate the success of our Seniors together.
*Sundaes & Signatures: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050B48A8AE1-sundaes
*Senior Student & School Staff Picnic:http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050B48A8AE1-senior
*Cinema & Celebration: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050B48A8AE1-cinema
The 2013 - 2014 PTSA Officer Nomination Slate
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING 23 May 2013 TBD AT NGHS AUDITORIUM (Elections)
Our next General Membership meeting is 23 May 2013 TBD
Please come and see what your PTSA has accomplished this year and vote. Your vote truly matters. Please see your Uniform Blyaws for more information pertaining to Officers, the nomination process, and elections.
VARSITY LETTERMAN JACKETS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!!
Finally...........Here they are! A Letterman jacket chosen by the students for the students........The new NGHS Varsity Letterman jacket available at www.zoomid.com
NGHS PTSA Scholarship Application
The Northern Guilford High School PTSA Scholarships are scholarships awarded to Northern Guilford seniors who have an unweighted GPA of at least 2.0. In 2013, the PTSA will award one $1,000.00 scholarship and four $500.00 scholarships to graduating seniors. The NGHS PTSA scholarship may be used for a two or four year college or university, trade school, or vocational school. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria: Essay (50%), Participation at Northern (30%), Community Service (20%).
To be considered for this scholarship you must:
* Be a senior at Northern Guilford High School
* Have an unweighted GPA of 2.0
To apply for this scholarship:
1. Complete the attached application in its entirety.
2. If you need additional space, use another sheet of paper.
3. A recommendation letter. This may be from a peer, a Northern staff member, a youth leader, job supervisor, etc.
4. The recommendation should be submitted in a sealed envelope.
5. Pay special attention to the essay, you will be evaluated on content, spelling, and grammar.
6. Make sure your name is on every page of your application and on the outside of your recommendation letter.
7. Place your application, essay, and recommendation in a 9x12 manila envelope, write your name on the outside, and turn it in to the guidance office.
8. Turn in the completed application to the guidance office NO LATER THAN 4:00PM ON MAY 20TH.
9. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
The winners of the scholarships will be announced on Senior Day. The Award Committee’s decision is final. Scholarships will be awarded in the form of a check written and sent to the institute of higher learning that the student is attending.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 20
Congratulations to the 2013 Spring Mini Grant Winners!
- Mrs. Laroque (English Department)
- Mr. O'Keefe (Music Department)
- Mrs. Mooney (Yoga Club and English Department)
- Mrs. Parah (Art Department)
- Mr. Billeisen (Graduation Coach)
- Mrs. Cure (CTE)